Let Me Re-Introduce Myself
Well, hello there.
So it has been SOME MONTHS since any of y’all have heard from me. I sort of went into hiding and had to wallow/wander about/re-prioritize my life for a bit.
Mostly, that’s me making excuses for being a silly, silly girl. But you understand, right?
Right! Wonderful, moving on. What is of importance is that I have found my way BACK to where I believe I NEED TO BE, and now am ready to be back HERE again.🙂
So now I will UPDATE you on the things that have happened in my life since we last typed with each other. It’ll be like those really annoying Christmas updates, except this one will not be as annoying.
1. I went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. With my MOM.
This actually happened back at the end of March/early April, but I don’t think I ever told y’all about it on the blog. I sure as hell tweeted about it. Anyway, here are some PICTURES of THAT.
2. I saw Andrew Bird in concert, with my seester. ‘Twas fun.
3. I saw Taylor Swift in concert.
This was not a planned event, it just sort of happened. Kind of like this:
“Hey, B. You wanna go see Taylor Swift this weekend?”
“Um, sure, I guess.”
“Ok, cool. There are two tickets under your name at Will Call.”
“Awesome, thanks, Dad!”
Yeah, that’s basically how that happened. So I went and saw T-Swizzle, and she is actually really, really good in concert. Fun and adorable and didn’t sing off-key one time!
If you would like book recommendations, lemme know. I’m good at things LIKE THAT.
5. I bought a shirt that makes me unbelievably happy.
6. I had a very Rory Gilmore-kind of day, and took a quick trip to New Haven to hang out on the Yale campus.
7. I had a (very) brief affair with online dating.
I am prepared to use this information in an “Of Love & Warcraft” post if you think that would be OF INTEREST to you.
8. I have been working on my novel(s). A lot.
9. I saw Josh Ritter read from his new book and play some songs in a Barnes & Noble.
10. I took a little trip to visit some friends and D.C.
I sat in a pool while the sun was shining, and did NOT get sunburned. In fact, I got a little bit of a tan.
Alright, I think that’s all. What have YOU been up to this summer? Hmmmm?