The Shattering! It’s Here!
Okay, I’m surprisingly excited about this patchy-patch. Or maybe it’s just the fact that this patch is coming on the same day as Nick gets to town. And it’s also my Friday at work today. So with those three things combined, I’m in a glorious mood.
And since it’s so super close to Thanksgiving IRL and we’re already celebrating Pilgrim’s Bounty in-game, I’m in the spirit of sharing and giving.
So I will share the highlights (aka, the things I’m exicted for/have comments on) from this handy-dandy WoW Insider article from Anne Stickney about what is/isn’t in The Shattering patch.
- “In place of the handy portals in Dalaran, you’ll find a series of equally handy class trainers.” –> Yay!
- “Fancy new Cataclysm loading screens will be available for all new zones. Be sure to check out the new Northrend loading screen, while you’re at it.” –> Yay!
- “Did you like the new Cataclysm cinematic? Good, because it’ll be viewable as of Patch 4.0.3.” –> Yay!
- “Just in case you haven’t gotten exalted with all your home factions, City Quartermasters will be available, along with reputation tabards for each faction.” –> UBER YAY!!!! RAAAAMMM!!!!!
- “Speaking of classes, if you are a druid, priest, paladin, or shaman, your talent trees will be reset. “–> Oh. Jesus. This sounds like a nightmare.
- “New tamable hunter pets, including monkeys, foxes, dogs, and beetles, will be included, as well as new skins for existing pet classes.”–> Oooooh. Maybe I’ll start playing Rowynne again. So she can have a fox. But not a beetle. Why the eff would anyone want a beetle? If you do, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and explain the reasoning behind why you want a disgusting bug as your pet. (Just FYI, I won’t understand your reasoning, but, like Voltaire, I will respect your opinion and your right to voice it.)
[via WoW Insider]